The new guidelines are as follows:
- be made of at least 3 layers
- 2 layers should be tightly woven material fabric, such as cotton or linen
- the third (middle) layer should be a filter-type fabric, such as non-woven polypropylene fabric
- be large enough to completely and comfortably cover the nose, mouth and chin without gaping
- allow for easy breathing
- fit securely to the head with ties or ear loops
- be comfortable and not require frequent adjustments
- be changed as soon as possible if damp or dirty
- maintain its shape after washing and dryingFiltersFilters add an extra layer of protection against COVID-19 by trapping small infectious particles. Consider wearing a mask that includes a filter or filter material as one of its layers, such as:
- non-woven polypropylene fabric, which can be found as:
- a craft fabric
- the non-woven fabric that's used to make some reusable shopping bags
- a disposable filter inserted into a pocket on the mask"
The Maskwell Essential Mask and MERV-13 Filters meet every single one of these guidelines. With the 3-layer mask (including the MERV-13 filter), Maskwell has exceeded Canadian guidelines since the start of the pandemic. Maskwell filters are made of thermally bonded (non-woven), continuous, hydrophobic polypropylene fibres. We are excited for the guidelines to finally include and emphasize the importance of filters in masks.
More information about MERV-13 filters can be found here on our product page.
All of our masks come with a pack of MERV-13 filters as a part of the Essential Mask Welcome Kit.
Maskwell is a Canadian-based company which is proud to offer protection that meets the Canadian Health Minister guidelines.